Magnificat ↔ Ἡ ᾨδὴ τῆς Θεοτόκου
|3 ← 4:Advanced → 5|
My soul doth magnify the Lord.
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
More honorable than the Cherubim,
and more glorious beyond compare than the Seraphim,
without corruption you gave birth to God the Word:
True Theotokos, we magnify you.
Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid;
for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me;
and holy is his name.
And his mercy is from generation unto generations,
to them that fear him.
He hath shewed might in his arm:
he hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
He hath put down the mighty from their seat,
and hath exalted the humble.
He hath filled the hungry with good things;
and the rich he hath sent empty away.
He hath received Israel his servant, being mindful of his mercy:
As he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed for ever.
- Τὴν τιμιωτέραν τῶν Χερουβὶμ
- καὶ ἐνδοξοτέραν ἀσυγκρίτως τῶν Σεραφίμ,
- τὴν ἀδιαφθόρως Θεὸν Λόγον τεκοῦσαν,
- τὴν ὄντως Θεοτόκον Σὲ μεγαλύνομεν.
- More honorable than the Cherubim,
- and more glorious beyond compare than the Seraphim,
- without corruption you gave birth to God the Word:
- True Theotokos, we magnify you.
- Честне́йшую Херуви́м
- и сла́внейшую без сравнения Серафим,
- без истления Бога Слова рождшую,
- Сущую Богородицу, Тя величаем.