The media player is loading... WikiTranslate is a free content encyclopedia translation project, that can help you to learn new language and teach your language through our lessons, videos and free study groups. We also help you to develop your translation skills. You can contribute freely to translations of your favourite songs, poems, fairy-tales, stories, jokes, prayers etc, which are not protected by copyright or have been submitted to us by their copyright holders.
The media player is loading... The students who are native in the source language of the text, can discuss the translations with students who are native in the target language of the text. This way, they can help themselves improve their knowledge of each others' languages. All students are encouraged to use translation tools but most of all they are encouraged to seek help from each other in our study groups.
The media player is loading...
- WikiTranslate is based on an openly-editable model similar to Wikipedia and uses Mediawiki software as Wikipedia does. You can edit WikiTranslate much the same way as Wikipedia.
- We try our best to learn from Wikipedia and join them for meetups so we can learn from experienced Wikipedia editors.
- WikiTranslate uses Extension:Semantic MediaWiki for managing structured data.
- Everyone can read our pages, but we ask you to tell us who you are if you want to edit pages, have lessons with a teacher or exchange your language with a native speaker of another language. We believe that learning a new language is a very personal experience. The students need to know each other and the teachers.
The media player is loading... WikiTranslate is a safe family site. Children can absorb new languages well and WikiTranslate aims to help them. Post or email us if you believe a page does not meet these requirements so we can delete it.
- No religion. You can add and translate a prayer, but you can't preach.
- No politics. If you want to write about politics and/or religion, learn a new language first and then start editing Wikipedia.
- No swearing. No swear words in your Facebook name. We don't teach those words.
- No pictures that will offend anyone. No images of Mohammed, of wars, etc. It's difficult to learn a new language when you're hurt and offended.
- No half naked bodies on your Facebook profile or on your skype. Our groups are for language learning and for exchanging languages. Please dress up!
Beware the dangers of Internet!